Guest Post: Pecan French Toast
Hi everyone! I am excited to be guest posting on Against All Grain today and sharing this Paleo gluten-free french toast. I have been following Danielle’s blog for quite some time now and was thrilled when she released her first cookbook. All the recipes that I have tried both from her blog and book are equally delicious. One of my favorites is her World Famous Grain Free Sandwich Bread. It came out perfectly the first time I made it despite not being able to whip the egg whites correctly! Even my non-Paleo, bread-loving husband gave it a 2 thumbs up and said that this bread was a winner.
To make it an extra special breakfast or weekend treat, I whipped up some Cinnamon Pecan French Toast using thick slices of the grain free bread. Served with whipped grass fed butter and raw honey, this is definitely a feast for the senses.† The texture and flavor comes together perfectly that no one would ever guess that this is grain free!
Give this a try and I hope you will all enjoy it =)
- 6 pcs sliced grain free bread, sliced ¾” thick
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ + ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp pecans, toasted
- ½ tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter, softened
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- Prepare the topping by combining toasted pecans, ¼ tsp of ground cinnamon, coconut sugar and a few drops of coconut oil to make the cinnamon and sugar stick to the pecans. Set aside.
- Combine the egg, almond milk, vanilla, extract and ½ tsp of ground cinnamon in a bowl and whisk together until everything is well incorporated.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg milk mixture and make sure both sides are completely covered.
- On a cast iron pan over medium heat, add coconut oil and add the soaked slices of bread and fry each side until golden brown.
- Serve hot topped with the cinnamon pecan topping, butter and honey.
- Bon Apetit!
Jenny Castaneda lives in Southern California with her husband D and grain-free cat Mochi. She started a blog to share recipes with family and friends and also as a way to keep herself on track and connect with other fellow Paleo friends who have provided daily doses of inspiration and motivation along her journey towards a Paleo lifestyle. She enjoys traveling, photography, broadway musicals and swinging kettlebells.